Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has been a pioneer in setting new standards. It has now revolutionized the world of cutting, welding and brazing by introducing an innovative product. Traditionally, cutting of metal has been done using Oxy-Acetylene mixture. Acetylene is expensive and has availability constraints. BPCL has painstakingly studied the needs of the industry which needs to cut metal and came up with Bharat Metal Cutting Gas (BMCG), an ideal substitute for Acetylene. BMCG offers superior cutting at a low cost and is an ideal fuel for cutting and brazing applications.
Advantage of Bharat Metal Cutting Gas are :
- Superior cutting at low cost (better cutting speed, kerf formation and surface finish)
- Low oxygen consumption
- Reduces cylinder inventory by at least three times compared to Acetylene.
Low slag formation.
- BMCG can easily cut 12 inch (300 mm) thick metal and even more.
- Has a lower explosive limit in air and oxygen than Acetylene. Hence has lower band of inflammability than Acetylene.
The cylinder pressure of BMCG (6-7kg/cm2) is one third of Acetylene (17-18 kg/cm2). Hence they are safe to use.
- BMCG cylinders are easier to handle due to lighter weight
- BMCG cylinders are available in a range of pack sizes (19kg, 35kg & 47.5kg) to suit specific requirement of customers.
- Awareness and education programs on safety to the end users.
Major sectors using BMCG are-
- Steel Plants
- Power plants
- Cement Plants
- Sugar factories
- Fertilizers plants
- Manufacturing units
- Heavy Engineering Companies
- Refinery and petrochemical
- Textile industries
- Infrastructure & projects companies
- White Goods Industry
- Mining sector
- Un-organized sectors